Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Here's to Spray Paint!!

Oh how I love you, black spray paint!!

This little project is so easy to do, and I know similar things have been done tons of times in blogland, but since I'm a newbie I'm using it...:-))

It all started with a need for storage on the shelving in my newly redecorated bathroom...which I will talk more about later...

So I went to the local dollar store to see what I could find, and came home with these babies...



I was really not loving the aqua/pink color combo...



For some reason it made me think of Miami Vice??? I know, I know...that was totally out of left field for me too...



...especially since I wasn't allowed to watch the show because I was BARELY BORN...:-)) And, FYI, I didn't touch the colors on this promo pic...

So, how about that Don...I mean...what was I talking about?? :-))

BASKETS, yes, the baskets, (focus, focus)...

I decided to cover up all that Florida goodness with a cleansing coat of black spray paint. I did have to do several coats to cover up the bright colors, and the curing time is important between applications otherwise the paint won't dry correctly. Also, I had to spray from all angles to get even coverage over the woven basket. But overall it was easy, relatively quick, and perfect for the black and white color scheme in the newish bathroom!!



With a few brightly wrapped soap bars for the photo op...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's to your thoughts!! I love to hear what's on your mind!!!