Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here's to Re-Use!!

I LOVE finding great new uses for things that have outlived their original intent, AND I have limited funds for fall decorating...so this post is all about reusing some items that were no longer suitable for their original purpose to make my house reflect the beauty of this lovely time of year!!

The first item was the cream candlestick holder that I mentioned in my first post...the one that I couldn't glue a plate to because it was cattywhompus...



Here is my attempt at showing its cattywhompusness...didn't really show the angle like I'd hoped...



But trust me...its NOT level!! It is, however, hollow through the middle...



Perfect for its next life!!

Then there is the pretty gold glass candlestick that got broken...





So sad...:-(( But now, ready to be somethin' else!!

Finally, there is the toothbrush holder that has been passed between myself and my Mom for several months now, neither of us having a spot for it in our bathrooms!! But I did think it was cute...hmmm...



SO...

I told myself that I couldn't keep these lovelies if I didn't find a good use for them...and how fun is this!! They all worked wonderfully around my house as vases for oh-so-cute autumnal bouquets!! Yeah!!

Here's the cream candlestick...



So pretty with an olive, plum , and cream palette. And here is the gold glass candlestick...



Gorgeous warm colors with a hint of shimmer!! Love it!! And I got that ribbon at the dollar store...great for the budget!!

Finally, the toothbrush holder...



Such a cute little bundle of classic fall colors!! Easy to tuck into a corner somewhere for a shot of warmth!!

And here they are in situ...









Much more interesting than plain glass vases, and I get to re-purpose the items while making my house look great!! I purchased the fall stems on sale today at my local craft store, so the total cost of the three bouquets was under twenty dollars...a fantastic deal!!

Even better, I can easily replace the fall bouquets with Christmas ones when the time comes, since I use the tried and true stuff-and-fluff method of flower arranging!!

These would even make great gifts...if I could bear to part with them now!! :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's to your thoughts!! I love to hear what's on your mind!!!