Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here's to Fall!!

Alright...it has only taken me three months to get this far...we shall see how this little blog proceeds...I just have so much darn time on my hands to devote to this endeavor...:-))

I am just really motivated when I look at some of the great blogs out there, and wanted to give this a try!!

My first project was inspired by a plain cream candlestick that was given to me, and about which I decided (although I liked the lines of it) to keep ONLY if I could come up with a great use for it...so began the mental challenge...

I came up with the great idea to re-purpose it as a pedestal base by super gluing a plate on the top to make a cake-plate-like display piece. In short order, I found a lovely plate all on its lonesome in a local thrift store...so here are the two items *before*...



Except here's the funny backstory...the original plain cream candlestick that I was going to use turned out to be cattywompus (yeah, that's not in spellcheck :-)) on the top, making the plate not so level...hmmm...

So I then went out and found ANOTHER plain cream candlestick in a thrift shop...really totally invalidating what I was trying to do in the first place, and causing me to have to come up with another use for the cattywompus candlestick...(ooh, ooh, I just got a great idea for my next post!!...)

ANYWAY, when I finally had a level candlestick bottom, and gorgeous, lonely plate, I washed and dried the two items, then played around with how to put them together.

The candlestick was square on its downside, and circular on the top where the candle was supposed to sit...I just plopped the plate down on the top, thinking I would super glue it like that, but the square base and round plate weren't jiving too well, sooo...I turned the candlestick upside-down!! TaDa!!



I know, I know...all the bloggers out there who use power tools are giving me little electronic pats on the head right now...

But I MADE it...and I loved how it turned out!! And it is useful and lovely, and I might or might not give it to my Mom...:-))

Here is a close-up of the oh-so-pretty flowers on the plate...



And one more look at the final project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's to your thoughts!! I love to hear what's on your mind!!!