Thursday, September 30, 2010

Here's to Deals!!...(not the chain store :-))

In my last post I mentioned that my FAVORITE find from the last garage sale-ing expedition was still to come!!

Here it is, TAA DAA!!!





The nice man that sold me this table said that it was his grandma's...and he wasn't the shifty type...so given his info and the fact that it looks like it has original peg construction, it might be quite old. However...it has been repaired and reinforced numerous times, and one leg had broken off, so besides being in generally sad shape, I am under no illusions that it has any antique value...

But guess how much it was!! Come on, come on, guess, guess!!!



SERIOUSLY!!! Get out of town!!! I thought the tag had fallen off of something else!! He really was asking ONE dollar for this beaut!! So I gave him five because I felt guilty about only giving him a dollar for this great table...that had been his grandma's already...

Ahemm...now for the big repair...I glued it.

'K bye.

:-)) Really, it was that simple. The leg had just snapped off horizontally in a narrow spot. There wasn't much surface area, and I could easily fit the two pieces together, so it really was a perfect break for an amateur to fix!!







The fact that the leg was perfectly vertical was also a bonus since it meant that I just sat it right side up after gluing, and put some weight on top...no clamping necessary...

Here it is glued and cleaned...yay!!



Still not perfect, but perfect for what I have planned for it :-)) And I DO know that the price tag is still on...its going to stay for awhile...I think it adds to the charm...:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's to your thoughts!! I love to hear what's on your mind!!!