Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Here's to Advent!!

Awww...It's finally December!!! I thought I would start off the month with a little advent wreath make-over...YAY for Christmas candles!!

I started off with this...



I am as nostalgic as the next gal...but when my Mom gave me this blast from the past, I knew it couldn't stay this way!! This light made it look its very best, but it smelled like old plastic, was harboring several tiny bug carcasses, and was SERIOUSLY dusty!! So I started thinking about how I wanted to remake this little lovely, and here's what I came up with...(I think you'll like it :-))



Yeah, OK, I'm not a magician ;-)) But when I started thinking about advent wreaths, I just began seeing them everywhere...and how sweet is this simple little version???!! Little it is, too...



Then, I got the inspiration for this one...





I know, I know, its probably already been done...but no matter...I LOVE it!!! Modern, simple, easy, stunning!! I just stuck the candles in the decorative rock, but to really use it, I would affix them more securely. You could hot glue them down, or stick them in floral foam...(if its not flammable...which I don't think it is...but I don't really know...the flammability of floral foam has never come up as an issue for me before...:-))

ANYwhoo, to get back to the original wreath...I took it all apart and just kept the skeleton wire frame with candleholders, added a dollar wreath for updated greenery, and then set a salad plate in the middle with a favorite angel from my little collection...



Traditional, simple, easy, beautiful!! The hardest part of this super-fun project will be deciding which one to actually use :-))!!!



(OK...would it be total sacrilege to call this the original *Peace Out*??? Hee hee hee and ho ho ho :-))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's to your thoughts!! I love to hear what's on your mind!!!